Friday, July 20, 2012

Justin Fishel Week 3 Reading

Friday, July 20, 2012


Wk 3 reading – The Art of Possibility (chapters 5-8)




Within The Art of Possibility, chapters 5 through 8, I found several of these chapters to be quite interesting and substantial to my every day work and personal environments. Here are my takes on this weeks reading.
Within Chapter 5 (Leading From Any Chair) of The Art of Possibility, I found that this chapter was about the fact that leadership can in fact come from anybody who possesses greater self-sufficiency. Mr. Zander’s consistently praises that individuals are able to shine when they are given the opportunity. As an educator is can be sometimes difficult to let go and allow your students ‘to prove you wrong’ so to speak. This method is becoming quite popular within my classroom because of my personal experiences as a student, I enjoyed to be challenged and really enjoyed proving my educators that I could do it and exceed their expectations.
Chapter 6 (Rule Number 6) within The Art of Possibility spoke itself quite strongly towards me. Many times I am criticized for being to laid back, easy going and should take things more seriously. Mr. Zander discusses several different aspects that we as individuals can do to see the different possibilities that surround us in our daily lives.
While reading chapter 7 (The Way Things Are), I noticed several aspects that encourage individuals to see things for what they are and move on with life. I am a firm believer for moving on and when less time is spent dwelling on the past, the chances for new possibilities becomes an illusion and not reality.
Reading chapter 8 (Giving Way to Passion) spoke to me in such a way that it expressed to me to be free and passionate about what I do within my everyday life. Individuals must allow themselves to be free and passionate and not so attached to the ways in which other people may view or judge them. If they can achieve this, then high levels of achievement will be reached.

1 comment:

Justin I really like how you broke down each chapter. Your insight is very on point especially as an educator. It is very difficult to let go and give students a chance to prove you wrong but it is very rewarding when they can because at that moment you know they have reached the next level. We also share the same opinion about spending little time dwelling on past and moving forward. I see it as opening the door to new and better possibilities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment