Friday, July 27, 2012

Wk 4- Leadership Role Model Reflection


Mr. Chris Biffle
I spent lot of time thinking about a leadership role model person or organization that I admire. The person and organization that I believe exhibits the style I admire most is the Whole Brain Teaching of Chris Biffle.  Whole Brain Teaching classrooms are full of task-focused laughter, where, humor and games are used.  He offers teachers avenues to instruct utilizing the whole brain engaging student's emotions in a positive manner and provide additional opportunities for the students to build stronger memories of the material they are being introduced.


         I especially like how Mr. Biffle’s method of teaching incorporated the Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences.  He spent a lot of time reassuring that all students will have equal opportunity to learn and participate in their own learning in a fun engaging way.
     I can think of my own classroom years ago and remember how my teaching methods evoked response amongst my students. For the most part those were positive remarks but I feel it could always be better.  My students are deserving of my best that is why I am constantly pursuing more knowledge, and what I have found with   have been heck of a lot better if I had more of this learning methods.  Two weeks, two years, twenty years from now I want my students to remember how I made them feel.
         I am thankful for the opportunity that this program has given me because it has shown me that not only am I capable of dreaming but my dreams can come true.  It has often been a dream of mine to learn more about the programs used for the numerous conferences our school district pay for each year.  In my mind I would say to myself, “One day I am going to learn how to create this slideshows, video cast and do these conferences for my district.” I now feel more at ease about creating podcasts for my school district.







1 comments:

jbb said...

Wonderful leadership role model choice. I will have to add his videos to my resources link. Thanks.

Post a Comment