Saturday, December 3, 2011

PE1_iMovie


Hello my blog world friends, it’s me again, this time I am exploring Lynda.com tutorial on iMovie.   This is my very first post on my beginning journey of iMovie.  Lynda.com is a very powerful site that offers, a lot of online training on software programs and applications that are used on MAC computers. This is exactly what I need because I am very novice to technology. I am not a technology whiz but I do like playing around it different software and trying to figure what I can accomplish. I also like the fact that I can learn how to use different features of the software to create a better end product. I have learned a lot from watching this iMovie tutorial. I am excited to share some of my journey with your today.

Viewing Lynda.com this week, I completed their iMovie ’11 Essential training.  This tutorial was well organized, easy to follow and present a clear message. As I watched course instructor, Garrick Chow, maneuver through this lesson I also attempted to duplicate what he showed.   I earned a certificate in which I emailed to myself to print out later. As I become more comfortable and familiar with all aspects of the software I will add it this skill to my resume.  
My Certificate of Completion! Yes I am so proud of myself.  I can learn.








As part of the lesson requirement I have organized my tutorial into 3 separate blogs for your review.

My first set of tutorials begin here in the home screen of lynda.com. Once I was successful in logging onto Lynda.com and selected the correct iMovie '11 training course, you are greeted by a welcome message from the course instructor.  The next very short video shows you how to check for the latest version of iMovie and  your first page should look similar to this:

This is the course list you can either click on each chapter title to view all videos with in that chapter together or you can select each video separately.  For me it was easier for me to watch the chapters all together. 

This first section of training covered basics level of know on how you can get started by addressing the different types of connections for importing video: 1. tape-based cameras 2. Memory based cameras, 3. digital stills and 5. cell phones and 6. files and discs.  The instructor for this course is Garrick also explains how to convert formats when necessary and capture live action as well.

Garrick explained how the event panes can be used and how to toggle between projects that are in the event library pane. In the project pane you can drag video clips that you want to use in your project. I especially like knowing that iMovie will automatically save any projects you are working on so you don’t have to worry about looking for the save command.

I was amazed to see the advanced tools that became available when you go to iMovie preferences to activate the advanced tools such as favorite tool.  Favorites tool key in iMovie marks your selections with a green like for the footage you want to make your favorite.  I never knew there was an advanced mode before watching this tutorial.  I am extremely excited about my new level of know on yet another software program so I will be sharing some screen shots of me working with this information. 
This is a live shot of me recording myself while selecting favorite from the video  footage made for my Biography .


I really get bloggers, you have to check out iMovie it is awesome!
Stay around for my next blog as I continue my journey to improving my iMovie skills through experiences. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment