Saturday, December 10, 2011

PE5_Skype

Ok my blog world friends I am back.

This time I am continuing my reflections on the web 2.0 tool Skype.  I have had a few conversations via Skype with some family and friends.  My purpose for using this tool is to continue to build more avenues to collaborate and communicate with my co-workers and friends.  I have found that using Skype can enhance the process of collaboration when you have built a network of people to communicate with via Skype.  The first hassle is to convince enough people to create this user free account.  Once this is done you can begin to build up your network of friends in your contact.  I like the ease of having the camera feature on the computer for the video share.  I have a small video that I created of my actual conversation I had. What I am attempting to show in this video are some of the other cool features Skype has to offer.



 So what do you think? I like the picture in picture feature on the screen.  I like the instant messaging feature as well.  Its truly am excited about all the possibility that this tool has to offer. Next step pulling in co-workers who are afraid of online anything.  But I believe I can do it because Skype can be a great enhancement tool.  Utilizing it can take the place of school district meeting board meetings, professional development off campus   or staff meeting. These are just a few ideas that come to mind.


Some additional issues or shall I say hassles that may be of concern could include camera image distortion. I found that while video chatting with Ms. Brooks there were issues with video quality, distortion in the audio.  However the over ability of this tool is so great.  Having a sense of being able to multi-task in your own space or work (depending on how your district may be set up to for internet capabilities) in my opinion the pros out weigh the cons.  


Well I am signing out for now, time to cook, I will blog with you guys later. For now take care 

0 comments:

Post a Comment