Saturday, December 10, 2011

PE4_ Skype

Hello my blog world friends its been a little while but I am here. For my Relevant and Innovative Learning Scenario(RILS) project I had an amazing opportunity to do some playing around with a new communication tool.  I found out about Skype after attending a Professional Development and over hearing some people talking about video conferences.  So me being the person I am I made time  to play around with this web tool -Skype.

After creating a basic account I was able to make a few interesting discoveries.  I would recommend anyone with loved ones across the country or world to create an account to keep in touch.  I have it to be an amazing tool to use in communicating with my family so far.  I am still trying to get some of my coworkers to get on board with Skype.   I have made a plea to them about this fun new way to communicate, however the jury is still out for them.  While I have made a few connections with old classmates from years ago, who are also educators,  and also some family members my reason for wanting to use this web tool is to build on collaboration within my team.  


As I said collaboration is my main focus for this tool with my coworkers, but after making a few pleas with them on setting up a free account, I have discovered that part of the issues they have are with basic usage.  One of my coworkers has informed me that she isn't comfortable with using the internet because she doesn't feel it is safe.  Another issue I have come across is accessibility for everyone.

In trying to get everyone online at the same time so that we can play around with the Skype is very difficult.  Although this tool is amazing to use, without people interested enough to try you could  very well end up like me with out participants for participation.  Well its me, Tracy signing out until next time. Take care and please continue to follow my journey as I blog my way into technology. Yea me.... Until later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment